Each year Surry County Public Schools applies for federal grants under the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001. The programs that we apply for are:
- IDEA-Part B Section 611-Special Education
- IDEA-Part B Section 619-Special Education Preschool
- Title I, Part A-Improving Basic Programs
- Title I Workforce Investment Act-CTE Federal Perkins
- Title II, Part A-Improving Teacher Quality
- Title II, Part D-Enhancing Education Through Technology
- Title III, Part A- Strengthening Institutions
- Title IV, Part A-Safe and Drug-Free Schools & Communities
- Title IV, Part B-21st Century Community Learning Centers
- Title V, Part A - Innovative Programs.
Persons interested in providing input into a grant application should contact Voncia Gould at 757-267-2558 or at email@example.com who will direct you to the appropriate grant writer.