Surry County Public Schools (SCPS) is committed to ensuring that our website is accessible to everyone and in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. All of the website content is intended to meet W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1, Level AA conformance.
SCPS will review all areas of the website every year. We will use the process described at W3C’s Website Accessibility Conformance Evaluation Methodology. Reviews are the responsibility of the division/school webmasters. Accessibility checks will be incorporated into the publishing workflow for all new content.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns regarding the accessibility of this site, please contact us, as we are continually striving to improve the experience for all of our visitors.
Helpful hints for viewing our websites are as follows:
- Each site is created to be viewed best at 100% and has a responsive design for large screens, medium screens, tablets, and smart phones.
- Navigation is consistent throughout each site.
- A division-wide top menu containing a Quick Links button, Translate button, and Search are available at the very top of each site.
- Each sites’ main navigation menu is under the division-wide menu.
- Viewing our sites with zoom less than 100% is discouraged; some items may not display properly at this level.
- If you would like to increase the font size of the entire site, use your browser controls. You may increase your browser’s zoom settings to 200% and still be able to view content correctly in your browser.
- In all modern browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer 8, Firefox, Safari) you can select View > Zoom or use the appropriate keyboard controls such as holding down Ctrl button and selecting the + key for increasing the size (use Ctrl button and select – key to decrease the size back).
- In older versions of Internet Explorer, select View > Text Size.
- Unless they are purely decorative items, all images used on this web site have suitable Alt (alternative) attributes.
- Content should be usable/accessible with images “off” (disabled).
- When printing from any browser, all navigation menus, banners and navigation bars are removed.
- Note: Some pages are not meant to be printed due to the various interactive or visual settings on the page (such as our home page).