Surry County Public Schools receives competitive and formula federal grants. These funds supplement local funding to support students, faculty and staff members in the school division. Many of the grant programs are funded by the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001.
Each year Surry County Public Schools applies for federal grants under the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001. The programs that we apply for are:
- IDEA-Part B Section 611-Special Education
- IDEA-Part B Section 619-Special Education Preschool
- Title I, Part A-Improving Basic Programs
- Title I Workforce Investment Act-CTE Federal Perkins
- Title II, Part A-Improving Teacher Quality
- Title II, Part D-Enhancing Education Through Technology
- Title III, Part A- Strengthening Institutions
- Title IV, Part A-Safe and Drug-Free Schools & Communities
- Title IV, Part B-21st Century Community Learning Centers
- Title V, Part A - Innovative Programs.
Persons interested in providing input into a grant application should contact Natasha Myrick at 757-267-2558 or firstname.lastname@example.org who will direct you to the appropriate grant writer.