HOMECOMING: Surry County Public Schools is very excited to hold a non-traditional Homecoming this week. Through all of the changes, challenges, and transitions our students and families have weathered due to COVID-19 over the past year, it is very important to us to hold this traditional event.
April 20 - 80s/90s Day
April 21 - Character Day
April 22 - Class Colors
April 23 - School Colors
SCHS class representatives for the Homecoming Court will be crowned on Thursday, April 22 at 1:00 PM. This virtual ceremony will be held on Zoom for students and streamed on Facebook.
SCHS Homecoming King and Queen will be crowned on Thursday, April 22 at 7:00 PM at the football stadium. Senior athletes from fall, winter, and spring sports seasons will be recognized.
The Homecoming parade will be held on Friday, April 23 at 3:00 PM in Surry. The normal parade route will be followed.
Safety is a priority for us. We will institute the following COVID-19 mitigation strategies for the parade:
- Face masks will be worn by school staff and students participating in the parade.
- Face masks are strongly encouraged for all attendees along the parade route.
- Families and members of the same household are encouraged to stay together along the parade route.
- All attendees should practice social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be set up along the parade route.
- Gloves are required of any participant throwing candy.
- The sale of food or other items is not permitted.
Thank you for your continued support of Surry County Public Schools!